You never know what is going to make it viral in video these days. Old ladies frying up bologna in the kitchen, babies singing with the family dog, kids wiping out on a skateboard. If you want to create a video that people not will like, but will share, you have to start by getting creative with your content. Humor sells, and with the right combination of useful knowledge, could build you a YouTube following to be proud of.
Tips videos are demonstrations on how to do different things, like cooking for example. Think about something you do every day that would be best explained with a live demonstration, and then make a series of videos to explain them:
- Grocery shopping tips – if you don’t mind bringing your camera out into the real world, you could create a shopping series of tips videos. Start with searching for coupons on-line, getting the best parking spot and picking a cart that doesn’t squeal. Then take viewers on a fun tour of the way you go about filling your cupboards.
- Beard trimming tips – This could be a very funny video if you set it up right. A lot of men like the idea of a beard, hence the success of sites like BeardInstitute.com, but are afraid of not knowing how to style it right. You can use dummy heads with glued on hair, or find some real live dummies amongst your friends who don’t mind being your YouTube video guinea pig. Then with a lot of flair, demonstrate the ways you can use a beard trimmer to achieve certain styles.
- How to give a self pedicure – We don’t want to leave out the ladies, and it is our understanding that painting ones toenails is not as easy as it looks. With sandal weather just around the corner, now is the perfect time to create a video on how to get your feet looking perfect for the beach.
- Photography tips – If you have a knack for taking great pictures, show people how it is done. Demonstrate how shutter speed and flash affect the way a picture turns out. Pick different subject matter like food, sporting events and people, and then create a series of YouTube videos to cover each one.
- Cleaning tips – Do you have a routine for cleaning your house that stands out? Make a video of how to get to hard to reach ceiling fans, or the outside of second story windows. Tape your effective way of getting stains out of carpet, or dust out of the vents. If you are entertaining as you do demonstrate cleaning tips, people will tune in just for the fun value.
The trick with building a YouTube following is finding that niche that people are interested in watching. If you are able to provide sound advice and be entertaining in the process, your videos will be liked and shared to thousands.